miércoles, 30 de enero de 2013

BLAZE OF SORROW - ENTREVISTA


Good evening Peter, thank you very much for agreeing to answer these questions.

1. Could you give a brief presentation of the group for people who have not known?

Good Evening. Blaze Of Sorrow took form in 2007 as a duo but became a one-man band after the first demo “Suffer”.  I recorded 3 demos and 2 Full lengths but in 2011, after the release of the second album “Eterno Tramonto”, I decided to search for a drummer. N. is an official member of Blaze Of Sorrow since 2011.

2. What has been the inspiration to compose this work? How was the writing process?

The writing process took one year and in this period a lot of things happened. I was inspired by both good and bad moments and everything came out without compromises. A song must be as natural as possible.



3. After a period in which the group's sound forjasteis based demos and splits I think you take it seriously and with this third. How has the group sound from your previous job today?

With “Echi” we decided to become more professional and in fact we did the mix and the mastering at Elfo Studio (Spite Extreme Wing, Forgotten Tomb…). This permitted us to have a very good sound quality and we’re satisfied of it.

4. How did the idea of the CD title, and the cover? What did it reflect?

Echi means “Echoes” in Italian. With this title and cover I wanted to create a connection between night and day, darkness and light. The Echoes of the past caress your mind and show you who you are.

5. The lyrics are written in Italian. Is there any reason for this? Do you think that this can slow the projection of the group in other countries?

I’ve been using Italian since 2008 and I don’t think it could influence very much the spreading of our message. I appreciate very much Tenhi, Dornenreich and other bands who don’t use English. It’s a very personal thing and just with my mother tongue I can perfectly express myself.

6. What are you listening to lately? Any new group?

At the moment I’m listening to King Crimson, Black Sabbath, Tenhi and Beethoven. I don’t listen to a lot of new bands, but I could recommend Vowels from Italy.

7. I see also a member of Vollmond. What brings you Blaze of Sorrow regarding Vollmond?

With Vollmond it’s completely different. I can express the most “Black metal side” of me and also thanks to the other members of the band we started a very “mystic” voyage. The new album is going to be released on May. 



8. In many places you try to compare with the French band Alcest, in my point of view you have more in common with Opeth, especially in the aspect of the changes between records more acoustic and more aggressive. You claim? Convey with your music?

We’re compared with Alcest  probably because of the guitar sounds but I don’t think they’re an inspiration for us. Opeth are a great band and I’m glad if you noticed some common points but they’re not a big influence too. Anyway I like them a lot. Just if we consider the song’s structures acoustic\aggressive yes. It could be “similar”.

9. Nature and innerself, are the concepts in your lyrics, why these issues?

These are the only feelings that I want to express. At the moment it wouldn’t  have sense for me to speak about other topics.

10. Great idea to reissue all the demos in a compilation, how did this idea?

The Demos were released on Tape but sold out after a few months so the best thing to do was to do a compilation on Cd. The compilation was sold out in 2 months but now we have other copies and you can buy them directly from us writing to: blazeofsorrow@hotmail.it

11. What do you think about the current black metal scene and particularly the Italian?

In Italy, like everywhere, there are a lot of bands. You can find both good and less interesting projects.

12. Thank you very much for your time, if you want to add something for people who like Blaze of Sorrow, this place, thanks. I hope the questions are for you.

Thanks for your time. If you’re interested you can follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blaze-Of-Sorrow/230055827018200?fref=ts)
Best regards!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario